If you want to stay on a healthy path
this V-Day, you’ll love everything
about these deceivingly healthy
chocolate mint protein cupcakes!
If there are two things that should be together forever, it’s MINT & CHOCOLATE! For this blog entry we have put our sweet baking skills to the test and turned a great dessert recipe into an even more delicious and healthy one.
These mint chocolate cupcakes are an easy bake and pack a healthy punch with the just a few simple substitutions and additions.
SO, there should be no guilty feelings after eating these handhelds!
Bake a batch for your Valentine and it will surely make their day… possibly even their year!
Happy Valentine’s Day and Happy Baking from the Bari Life Team! XOXO
Guilt Free Mint Chocolate Protein Cupcakes
2 Large Eggs
1/4 cup powdered Stevia
1/2 cup of plain fat free yogurt
1 cup of Sweet Potato (peeled and finely grated)
2 Bari Life Crispy Mint Chocolate Protein Bars – crushed or finely chopped in a food processor
3/4 cup of PLAIN flour
1 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Mix together the eggs and stevia with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes.
3. Add in the sweet potatoes, yogurt, chopped Bari Life Crispy Mint Chocolate Bars, flour, peppermint extract, salt, baking powder and chocolate chips. Mix until well incorporated.
4. Distribute the batter evenly throughout each of the muffin cups filling them only halfway.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or test with a toothpick to make sure they’re cooked all the way through.
6. When fully cooked remove from the oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and place on a cooling rack for further cooling.
7. Make sure the cupcakes are cool to the touch before icing.
Mint Chocolate Frosting
1 (13.5 ounce) can of full-fat coconut milk-must be the type in a can. (refrigerated overnight)
1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp plus 1/8 tsp pure peppermint extract
½ tsp pure powdered stevia
A few drops of green food coloring (optional)
1. In a bowl, pour the coconut milk and add the powdered stevia. Beat with a handheld mixer until thick and creamy.
2. Then add your vanilla extract, peppermint extract and optional green food coloring. Mix until well incorporated. Then you’re ready to frost the cupcakes. Sprinkle a little Crushed Bari Life Crispy Mint Chocolate Bar on top of each of the cupcakes.
3. Refrigerate any leftover cupcakes for freshness.
What did you think of this bariatric friendly
cupcake recipe? Let us know in the comments