If you wish that healthy soup was
more filling, then you are going to
love this low calorie soup recipe!
With the cold winter months coming to an end we have the perfect winter to spring soup recipe! This light and healthy soup that is filled with fresh vegetables will warm your soul and have you feeling fit, satisfied and energized for spring!
When you’re checking out pre-made soup options at the super market it doesn’t take long to realize they all lack the necessary protein for a bariatric diet. Even the “hearty” chicken and beef soups are high in preservatives and sodium and lack high quality protein. We can’t have that!
Per usual, Bari Life has taken the useless ingredients out and added things like Bari Life Chicken Bouillon Soup to give the recipe more flavor and pack in the high quality protein.
Make the most of your weekend and whip up a pot of this for your meal prep. This is the perfect meal for anyone looking to enjoy the comforts of a homemade soup. You will definitely get your protein in every day and feel fully satisfied after eating.
Happy cooking from your Bari Life Team! BON APPÉTIT!!!
Winter to Spring Chicken Veggie Soup
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1 Small Onion
2 Celery Stocks (cut into 1 inch pieces)
2 cups chopped Cabbage
2 Medium Carrots
1 Medium Zucchini
1 cup Mini Corn Cobs (optional – you can use fresh or frozen regular corn)
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Dried Basil
1 tsp Dried Thyme
6 Cups of Bari Life Chicken Bouillon (mixed with water)
2 cups Spinach
2 Green Onions
3 Chopped Chicken Breasts
1. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, onions, celery and carrots and sauté for seven minutes or until tender.
3. Toss in zucchini, cabbage and corn cobs (or other) and sauté for an additional three minutes.
4. Add spices and Bari Life Chicken Bouillon with chopped chicken and bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer for ten minutes.
5. Lastly, add in your spinach and green onions and cook for two to five more minutes over medium heat.
What did you think of this bariatric friendly
soup recipe? Let us know in the comments