It’s time to think about the foods we’re consuming and make an attempt at healthier options for not only us but our families as well.
These three classic family recipes are delicious as is, but the Bari Life team has taken them up a notch and added healthy substitutions to aid everyone in their calorie-crushing crusade.
With a little time and no extra energy, anyone can take an everyday recipe and twist the ingredients to make it more nutritious and higher in protein. Challenge yourself to try one of these recipes — you and your family will be happy you did.
Turkey and Stuffing Casserole
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
Serves: 8 to 10
- 1 (14 ounce) package of whole wheat stuffing mix. Use whatever brand you prefer.
- 1 teaspoon of ground sage
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- ½ package of Bari Life Chicken Bouillon Soup
- 1 package of Bari Life Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 package of Bari Life Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 2 Boneless, skinless turkey breasts – baked and shredded
- ¼ cup of melted almond butter or extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-cook the turkey breasts, shred and set aside. Keep the oven on and leave at 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the stuffing mix, sage, celery and Bari Life chicken Bouillon. Mix together with hands to incorporate ingredients together then set aside.
- In two separate small bowls, put the Bari Life Cream of Chicken Soup and Cream of Broccoli Soup. Mix both with 8 ounces of warm water, whisk and set aside. (Follow instructions on the back of the box).
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan and sprinkle 1/3 of the stuffing mixture into the bottom. Then place ½ of the turkey on top of that and pour the Bari Life Cream of Chicken Soup over the top.
- Sprinkle another 1/3 of the stuffing mixture into the pan and cover with the other ½ of the turkey. Then pour the Bari Life Cream of Broccoli Soup over this layer and sprinkle the remainder of the stuffing mix over the top.
- Slowly drizzle the melted almond butter or extra virgin olive oil over all and press firmly to insure the casserole is packed well.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius) for 20 to 30 mins.