October—what a beautiful time of year! Especially here in Knoxville, Tennessee, where we (the Bari Life Team) are located. Big beautiful orange pumpkins rest on every porch step, flower pots burst with cheerful yellow mums. And the best of all, on the 31st kids run door to door dressed in adorable and hilarious costumes in search of as much candy they can possibly find.
What’s not to love about this holiday? OH YEAH! The fact that you are forced into buying loads of candy to give away, when in turn you end up eating half of what you bought and keep eating it days after Halloween is over!
Don’t get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Halloween. But, it is so hard not to eat all those cute FUN SIZE little Halloween candies that line the aisles of every store you walk in during this month.
Follow these tips to avoid any Halloween candy binging disaster!
1. I think it’s safe to say that a lot of people buy their Halloween candy earlier than the day of Halloween. WELL, if you’re trying to be healthy and not eat a bunch of sugar then WAIT to buy your Halloween Candy UNTIL THE DAY OF Halloween!
2. Think of your favorite candies…. Those are the ones that you don’t buy! It all starts when you’re in the car on the way to the store. If you like chocolate, then grab something fruity and get out of that candy isle! A personal favorite to hand out are the candy bracelets and necklaces—they’re not tasty and the kids love them!
3. If you think that buying candy will lead to an inevitable gorging of the sweets then you shouldn’t buy it. Some great little snack packs to give out instead are Halloween themed goldfish bags, packs of temporary tattoos, glow sticks and all natural gummy packs (gummy lovers, STAY AWAY).
4. If you don’t have kids then you must get rid of the candy ASAP! When the night is coming to an end the best way to do that is dump the load into a lucky trick-or-treaters bag. If you forget to do that then throw it away or find someone to give it to.
5. If you have kids then set a date when the Halloween candy must go! On that date then you can make sure it goes to the WASTE! Not WAIST!
6. Keep your hands and mouth busy by drinking a zero-calorie cup of hot tea or big glass of water. If you’re craving that candy sweetness than Bari Life hot chocolate can satisfy your sweet tooth for fewer calories than just 1 fun-size candy bar. The hot chocolates are packed with tons of protein too to keep you feeling full!
7. The Fun Size bars seem super cute and fun, but don’t be fooled! Those little candy treats add up quick! Plus it takes a whole handful of those tiny little bars to leave you with any feeling of satisfaction. Take a look at what’s in just a tiny little “Fun Size” bar http://www.fitsugar.com/Calories-Halloween-Candy-Fun-Size-Treats-5452936
TRICKS OR TREATS? Let’s be honest. None of these little candies have any sort of nutritional value and these tiny packs make your mind and body want more. The best way to satisfy these cravings is to replace these treats with foods that have nutritional value. Bari Life provides a whole line of tasty healthy products!
The Bari Life Caramel Crunch Protein Bar is one of my personal favorites. It’s a great tasting bar, similar to a Nestle chocolate crunch bar with a decadent layer of caramel! Believe it or not, but Bari Life Protein Bars actually taste like candy bars.
With 15 grams of protein, just one of the caramel crunch bars is sure to satisfy.
More of fruity fan? Then you must try the Bari Life Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Bar. Who doesn’t love the taste of sweet, creamy cheesecake? How about sweet, creamy cheesecake topped with strawberry filling? This bar is sure to do the trick! It contains only 155 calories and 12 grams of protein!
The creator and founder, Dr. Stephen Boyce, has been helping people lose weight with medically supervised diets and weight loss surgery for over 20 years. Whether your goal is to lose 10 pounds or 200 pounds Bari Life provides the highest quality products to help you reach and keep your goals.
To your health!
The Bari Life Team
Bari Life provides high quality bariatric vitamins and supplements that are clinically proven to help post bariatric surgery patients.
Order Online Here www.barilife.com