Did you know a small size Shamrock Shake from McDonald’s has a jaw-dropping 530 calories and 73 grams of sugar? We sure didn’t!!!
If you’ve ever been tempted to grab one of these festive green shakes, look no further! Our Bari Life take on this festive treat will save you loads of calories and packs in more than 3X the protein, so you’ll actually feel full and satisfied!
Our version is so thick and creamy that you may mistake it for a MickeyD delight, but the best part is you’re not going to wreck your diet and it tastes downright AMAZING!
It’s time to get your St. Paddy’s Day “fix” with this lean, green protein shake 🙂
Bari Life St. Paddy’s Day Shake Recipe
- 1 packet Bari Life Vanilla pudding/shake mix(prepared)
- 1/4 cup vanilla or plain protein powder (1 scoop-100 calories)
- 1/8 tsp mint extract (or to taste)
- 2-3 packets of Stevia or sweetener of choice (or to taste)
- 5-10 ice cubes (more or less depending on how thick want it)
- 4 oz. water (again, alter according to desired thickness of shake)
- 2-3 drops green food coloring OR a handful of spinach to make it green!
- 1-2 tbsp Sugar Free Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix (Jell-O brand)
- Pinch of Guar or xanthan gum
ONE SIMPLE STEP! Put all the base ingredients in the blender and blend away until desired consistency!
Swirl in one drop of green food coloring just before serving. Top with fat free Reddi Wip if desired!
Bari Life Nutritional Info
Protein: 38 grams
McDonalds Nutritional Info.
Protein: 11 grams
Carbohydrates: 86 grams
Fat: 15 grams
To your health!
The Bari Life Team
Improving the health and wellness of bariatric patients around the world by providing the most complete bariatric vitamin supplements that are highly effective and clinically proven.