ENTER YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO UNLOCK
on your first order
Some exclusions apply.
I personally know patients that basically had the procedure with little to no direction and gained all the weight back and in some case even more weight. With Dr. Boyce’s program, the surgery and recovery was no problem for me.
I admit I was very nervous because I never had surgery before, however, the team reassured and encouraged me.
The Exercise Physiologist was great help helping me fine tune my work outs to my needs. To establish a maintainable lifestyle of fitness exercise and to do it safely.
The Nutritionist is the monumental KEY in this whole process, at least to me. Knowledge is POWER, what I learned from the nutritionist totally change my life, empowered me. I believe a nutrition class should be MANDATORY in all High Schools. PERIOD.
People have to eat every day to live. So it makes sense that we should know how to feed our bodies while maintaining a good healthy lifestyle. We only have one body, right?
A food diary really helps me. I thought I was making good choices, and I was making better choices than before like cutting our sodas and drinking V8. However, when you look at the data, I was taking in over 3000mg of sodium a day. WOW, nothing wrong with V8, however it is loaded with sodium.
The food diary helps hold me accountable to ME.
What I Have Learned
My mindset going into this process was one of being aware that this was me making an investment in myself. Dr. Boyce, as amazing as he and his team are, is not a miracle pill that fixes all.
I knew I had my own lifestyle changes I was responsible for. Dr. Boyce and his team would do their part and I would have to do mine to be successful. I looked at it as Dr. Boyce and his team gave me a second chance and it would be up to me to make the most out of it.
I could be successful, or I could be like others that gained all the weight back. I do not judge those, I know how hard it is, I’ve been there, that can be me very easily.
How did choosing Dr. Boyce’s team and having the procedure change my life? Well, I have now gone skydiving, mountain climbing, ridden a mechanical bull, gone SCUBA diving in several amazingly gorgeous Caribbean locations, and have been able to ride roller coasters again!
I’m able to do things with my son I couldn’t before. Basically, EXPERIENCE LIFE AGAIN!!!!!! I also achieved my dream career, I’m now a professional Firefighter. I don’t call it a job, because its not.
I LOVE going to work. It’s a privilege to be a Firefighter Paramedic. I’m liberated!
My advice for those considering the surgery.
- Have your eyes wide open.
- This is not a quick FIX. It will give you a second chance. So have the right mindset and make and maintain healthy lifestyle changes.
- Keep a food diary. Be REAL, even if you have a set back.
- Learn everything you can from the nutritionist. Really listen, to them.
- Have a support group or at least a person in your life. BE REAL to yourself and to them. Hold each other accountable in life and love. Encourage and empower one another.
- Be patient. It is a process, not a overnight accomplishment. Maintain, and hold the course. If you do you will reach your destination and the journey will be amazing.
- Never forget where you started from.
Enjoy your journey!