3 Week Bariatric Pre-Op Diet Bundle
This product is appropriate for these surgery types:
3 Week Bariatric Pre-Op Diet
Every bariatric surgical clinic will instruct and expect you to follow some form of a Pre-Op Bariatric Surgery Diet.
This accomplishes two things:
- The VLCD boosts weight loss during the weeks prior to surgery
- The VLCD shrinks the left lobe of the liver, which helps the surgeon access the stomach more easily
By rapidly losing weight and shrinking the liver prior to surgery the risk of complications is reduced significantly. It also helps to prepare you for the necessary 4 Phase Diet that is prescribed immediately after surgery.
Putting together your own Pre-Op Bariatric Diet can be difficult, that’s why we made the Bari Life Pre-Op Diet.
Bari Life Bariatric Pre-Op Diet
The Bari Life Pre-Op Bariatric Diet is designed to put you in the best condition possible to undergo a surgical procedure. Our diet should help reduce the size of your liver, and in doing so will minimize the risk factors that come with surgery. If you follow the diet as prescribed, you will lose weight and reduce the chances of complications during your procedure.
Inside the bundle you get:
800 Calorie Pre-Op Diet Instructions
How long am I on this plan?
The duration of the pre-op bariatric diet depends on your individual BMI. See the below chart to decide which duration best suits you. For help finding your BMI use this calculator:
- BMI < 38: Exempt from the diet, but you will follow the 2 days of liquids prior to surgery*
- BMI 38 – 39.9: Use the One Week Plan
- BMI 40 – 44.9: Use the Two Week Plan
- BMI 50 – 49.9: Use the Three Week Plan
- BMI > 50: Use the Four Week Plan
How much weight will I lose?
While it’s hard to say exactly how much weight you’ll lose and your results may vary, the average patient loses between 6 – 10 lbs per week on the pre-op bariatric diet.